A new detail has been revealed about the OVW and Netflix deal that could have implications for both WWE and AEW.
It was reported earlier this year that Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) had landed a streaming deal with Netflix. Now, the latest update on the deal may have implications for two biggest wrestling promotions.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Netflix retains right of first refusal on the ability to gain OVW’s television rights. This is notable because Netflix has reportedly looked into live streaming content.
If true and successful, the streaming platform could be a player in the rights fees negotiations surrounding WWE and AEW in the coming years.
The report also explains how the deal between OVW and Netflix has been months in the making and features producers involved with Last Chance U.
Filming started for the series with the May 27 OVW show in Georgetown, Kentucky.
We will have further updates on this deal when they become available.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Kenny Omega Reacts To The Usos Being Voted PWI’s Top Tag Team
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega