IMPACT Wrestling has a new World Champion, and his name is Johnny Impact Mundo Morrison Nitro.
Johnny defeated champion Austin Aries in the main event of IMPACT’s Bound for Glory show on Sunday (October 14), in a match that has left a lot of people talking.
The finish came when Mr Impact hit Aries with Starship Pain, giving him the pinfall victory and the belt.
It is the aftermath of the match however that has left everyone talking. Just seconds after taking the pinfall, Aries jumped back onto his feet, flipped the bird at Don Callis and walked out.
Austin Aries “No Sold” Starship Pain and walked off giving Don Callis a fuck you as we Crown a new #ImpactWrestling World Champ #BoundForGlory pic.twitter.com/z6WijXZhLX
— JD (@JDfromNY206) October 15, 2018
No-one seems to know whether this was a work or a shoot, but tensions between Aries and Impact have been increased in the lead up to the match.
Not only have they been attacking each other pretty personally on Twitter, but the two also brawled during the IMPACT Hall of Fame ceremony.
Several fans have criticised Aries for his reaction, saying it took away from Johnny’s victory, particularly if it was a shoot.
Let’s for now accept that it’s all a work until we hear differently. We will of course update the situation when we have more information.
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status