Just over three weeks after losing the Intercontinental Title to Finn Balor (via Lio Rush) at Elimination Chamber, Bobby Lashley has regained the championship.
Lashley defeated Balor in a singles match on Raw thanks to shenanigans from his hype man Lio Rush. With Balor in control, Rush began to furiously ring the bell and grabbed the IC title, telling Balor it did not belong to him.
When Rush jumped on the ring apron he was kicked off by Balor, who then proceeded the springboard into the ring towards Lashley. Unfortunately for the Irishman the distraction had allowed Lashley to recover enough to drill him with a spear to score the pinfall and become a two-time champion.
The hype man is BACK in BUSINESS!
— WWE (@WWE) March 12, 2019
This continues WWE’s hot potato treatment of its secondary belts of late, something they had refrained from doing in recent years. Lashley’s win was the fourth IC title switch since December, with the previous three title runs lasting for around one month each.
It has been the same on SmackDown with the US Title, which has also changed hands four time since December.
Are all of these title changes overkill? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw