With NXT Takeover 31 one week away, a new match has been announced for the show. After their rivalry has developed over the last two months, KUSHIDA will now take on The Velveteen Dream.
Despite being in NXT for a year and a half, this will be the Takeover debut of KUSHIDA. The former New Japan Pro Wrestling star was unable to become number one contender this week, losing the Gauntlet Eliminator but will find his way onto the show regardless.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 26, 2020
“The Velveteen Dream has shown a new penchant for viciousness since his return. Along the way, he’s made an enemy of Kushida, prompting previously unseen aggression from NXT’s resident Time Splitter in turn.
Will Kushida make Dream regret it when they square off at NXT TakeOver 31?”
The Velveteen Dream has seen a shift in his behaviour since returning to NXT in August. He has been much more aggressive and now will have to put that aggression to the test against one of the best grapplers in NXT.
The full card for NXT Takeover 31 is as follows:
- NXT Championship Match – Finn Balor (c) vs. Kyle O’Reilly
- NXT Women’s Championship Match – Io Shirai (c) vs. Candice LeRae
- NXT North American Championship Match – Damian Priest (c) vs. Johnny Gargano
- KUSHIDA vs. The Velveteen Dream
What match are you most excited for at NXT Takeover 31? Let us know on Twitter!
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Kota Ibushi First Post-NJPW Appearance Announced