Prior to Big E’s potentially career-threatening neck injury, The New Day was set to have a six-man tag match at WrestleMania against Sheamus, Ridge Holland and Butch (Pete Dunne).
However, according to Fightful Select, the injury has caused a slight change of plans, with the likely match now being Kofi Kingston & King Woods vs. Sheamus & Butch.
The same report does note that the match could easily change to Sheamus and Ridge Holland, or it could simply be scrapped altogether if WWE decides on a different path.
In terms of Big E’s recovery, details are very limited as to if or when he’ll be able to return to a wrestling ring, but the general consensus is that it will be several months or even years before he’s able to wrestle again.
It could be that WWE brings him back as a manager while he’s unable to wrestle, as there are few better hype men in the world than Big E, and every show he’s on is made better by his presence.
If we hear anything else about this proposed match, we will of course let you know.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury