Tomorrow night on Friday Night Smackdown, the WWE Draft is set to commence. The draft will then continue a few days later on Monday Night Raw.
Earlier today it was reported that representatives from both the USA Network and FOX will be present on both shows to select distinct rosters for both Raw and Smackdown.
With the draft taking place tomorrow night, FOX has released a set of rules that we should all be aware of
Over 70 Superstars, as well as tag teams, are eligible for selection in this year’s WWE Draft. SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars, and Raw will select another 41 Superstars; the ratio is due to RAW running three hours compared to two for SmackDown.
Tag teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick only one Superstar from the team. It was also noted that any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.
WWE also confirmed today that Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns will be facing off in singles action tomorrow night on Smackdown. The winner will earn their brand the first pick in the draft.
Thanks to WrestleZone for the transcription.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes