It feels like forever ago since WrestleMania 35 doesn’t it? Well don’t worry content-starved WWE fans (!) because Money In The Bank is right around the corner, taking place in little over a week’s time.
Several matches are already confirmed for the show (see below) and last night another title match was made for the event courtesy of a Drake Maverick announcement on WWE.com:
— 205 Live (@WWE205Live) May 7, 2019
The 205 Live General Manager confirmed that Ariya Daivari will get the shot at new Cruiserweight Champion Tony Nese, who defeated SmackDown-bound (…eventually) champ Buddy Murphy at WrestleMania to win the title. Daivari earned the shot (yes, that sort of booking does still exist somewhere in WWE) by defeating Oney Lorcan in a number one contenders match two weeks ago.
The updated card for Money In The Bank is as follows:
- Universal Championship – Seth Rollins (c) vs. AJ Styles
- WWE Championship – Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kevin Owens
- SmackDown Women’s Championship – Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
- Raw Women’s Championship – Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans
- United States Championship – Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
- Cruiserweight Championship – Tony Nese (c) vs. Ariya Daivari
- MITB Match – Braun Strowman vs. Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Baron Corbin vs. Finn Balor vs. Ali vs. Andrade vs. Randy Orton
- MITB Match – Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Dana Brooke vs. Bayley vs. Mandy Rose vs. Ember Moon vs. Carmella
- Steel Cage Match: The Miz vs. Shane McMahon
- Roman Reigns vs. Elias
WrestleTalk Almanac Vol. 2, the ultimate must-have guide to wrestling in 2018 is available for pre-order NOW: