WWE has undergone some changes to their commentary teams lately. One of the moves has been the introduction of Pat McAfee as part of the SmackDown commentary team.
“There was no real sitdown like ‘hey, you can expect this and this.’ I had no clue what was going to happen all night. No clue. I do believe that is the plan going forward, to just keep me out of the blue. If so, I had an absolute blast. I do not think I was anywhere near what I can get to as a commentator for professional wrestling. I used a lot of words over and over. I was scared to have too much bass in my voice because I didn’t want people to think I was trying to dominate the call, but sometimes I sounded too soft.
The standing, my natural instinct is to stand when something happens, I guess a lot of people didn’t enjoy that. I appreciate that because that was potentially something that could get me into some shit. A lot of people say, ‘you need to stay.’ The clip of us coming back to the two-hot of me standing and [Michael Cole] sitting and my being caught in a situation where I’m like, ‘I don’t know if I should stand or sit right now. That was an ad-libbed moment that pops up and is incredible. I had a blast. I think I stunk, but I have a chance to get better. I enjoyed it and am very thankful to all the people in WWE and to anybody that tuned in,”
In addition to Pat McAfee, WWE has also introduced Adnan Virk as a member of the Raw commentary team.
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery