WWE has made some changes to its commentary teams recently and this now includes Main Event, with a familiar voice added to the lineup.
Broadcast on Hulu on Thursdays, WWE Main Event is a long-running show that features matches that are typically taped before that week’s episode of WWE Raw.
On an episode that saw Indus-Sher vs Apollo Crews & Akira Tozawa, and Nikki Cross vs Tegan Nox, the new commentary team was revealed.
The previous team had been Kevin Patrick and Byron Saxton, but with Patrick having moved from Raw to SmackDown, he’s now been replaced.
Wade Barrett, who has moved to Raw with Michael Cole, now joins Byron Saxton on commentary for Main Event.
Cole will remain a part of the SmackDown commentary team as well, with Corey Graves and Patrick moving over to SmackDown to serve as a three-man announce team.
WWE recently published a reaction video on YouTube showing Michael Cole and Corey Graves reacting to the big moments from SummerSlam 2023.
Booker T has recently revealed he’s perplexed by some of the changes to the commentary teams, saying he’s “waiting on Vic Joseph to get a piece of the action.” Booker and Joseph are the commentary team for NXT.
Saxton, Barrett’s new partner on Main Event, also calls NXT Level Up alongside Blake Howard.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- WWE Removes Edge (AEW’s Adam Copeland) From Another Big Spot
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers