A new report has possibly revealed WWE Network’s 2018 tournament.
Over the past two years we’ve seen TJ Perkins win the first ever Cruiserweight Classic, Tyler Bate become the first-ever United Kingdom Champion and Kairi Sane win the Mae Young Classic all on the WWE Network. After the Mae Young Classic finished last year there were rumours that the 2018 WWE Network tournament could be based around tag teams, but a new report from Planeta Wrestling suggests otherwise.
The site claims that the next WWE tournament will instead contain and be based around Latin and South American wrestlers, and will be filmed in Chile this coming August. The site also says this is why WWE are looking to negotiate with Rey Mysterio and he’s been tapped to play a prominent role in the tournament – perhaps on commentary like Daniel Bryan, Nigel McGuiness or Lita.
WWE have a lot of Latin and South American talent currently under contract, including Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado and current NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas.
UPDATE: William Regal has tweeted to say this story isn’t true. Take this with a giant pinch of salt.
I usually use this account for entertainment purposes only.This is official though.
The @WWE has no Latin American tournament booked at this time despite the news that is being reported today.
— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) February 6, 2018
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- D-Von Dudley Recalls The Usos Asking For Permission To Use The 3D
- Former ROH Owner Cary Silkin Shares Honest Thoughts On Chris Jericho Title Win
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- Tony Khan Names AEW Stars He Thinks Are Some Of The Most Improved Wrestlers In The World