On July 30, 2018, WWE applied for four new trademarks. WWE is never afraid to claim these, even claiming the phrase “top rope” earlier this month. Whatever will other wrestling companies do?
Two of the trademarks were revealed to be none other than the members of the Authors of Pain, Akam and Rezar. The actual name of their team – Authors of Pain – was trademarked last year while the dominant duo were still in NXT. Since being called up to the main roster, AOP have notably feuded with Titus Worldwide, beating them several times.
The SmackDown Tag Team Champions, the “Bludgeon Brothers”, were also trademarked by WWE. The Bludgeon Brothers won the tag titles at WrestleMania 34, beating the Usos and the New Day. At SummerSlam, Harper and Rowan will defend their titles against either the Bar or the New Day.
— SARAYA (@RealPaigeWWE) July 21, 2018
The last trademark given was to Velveteen Dream. The extremely popular Dream has been creating waves in NXT for the past year. He has faced Ricochet last month, at Takeover: Chicago II, and Aleister Black at Takeover: War Games. Most importantly, he was included in the six-man ladder match for the inaugural NXT North American Championship at Takeover: New Orleans.
In summary, WWE has filed trademarks for the following:
- “Bludgeon Brothers”
- “Velveteen Dream”
- WWE WarGames Returning to NXT!
- TWO 5-Star Matches At NXT Takeover: New Orleans
- WWE File Trademark For Returning Star
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation
- Liv Morgan Says She Will Be In The MCU