With SmackDown Live’s two top female stars Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch heading for a Raw Women’s Championship match with Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania, where exactly does that leave SmackDown Women’s Champion Asuka?
Well, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, recent NXT call-up Lacey Evans was initially penciled in to challenge the ‘Empress of Tomorrow’, but the impression is now being given off that the match is being re-considered.
Lacey Evans’ cameo appearance at Elimination Chamber, in which she walked to the ring and then turned around and walked off again, was apparently set to start a “super big” push.She did the same last night on Raw, but it was seemingly in more of a comedy capacity as Otis and Tucker of Heavy Machinery joined in.
If Evans isn’t to face Asuka at ‘Mania, who is? Previous reports suggested that Vince McMahon was high on Mandy Rose, so she could be an option. Other shouts include the likes of Nikki Cross, who fought Asuka back in NXT, and… well… that’s about it actually. Hmm…
Let us know who you’d like to see face Asuka at WrestleMania in the comments.
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- WWE Sale Rumors Continue As Move Could Be Soon
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi