WWE has announced the next SmackDown appearance for Universal Champion Goldberg ahead of his title defence against Roman Reigns at WrestleMania.
It was confirmed during SmackDown last night that Goldberg and Reigns would be in the ring for a contract signing segment on the March 20 episode next week.
The episode, much like last night’s, will emanate from WWE’s Performance Center due to the coronavirus.
Goldberg has held the title in this current reign since Crown Jewel on October 31 where he defeated then-champion “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt.
He’s a two-time champion, with his first reign lasting just 28 days in 2017, defeating Kevin Owens at Fastlane before dropping it to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33.
Reigns is also a former Universal Champion, winning at SummerSlam 2018 from Lesnar, but being forced to vacate it after 64 days due to being diagnosed with leukaemia.
He had a promo segment on last night’s SmackDown where he basically just said that despite not winning a match to qualify for a shot at Goldberg, his hard work throughout his career is what has earned him the bout for the top title.
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW