We now have a follow up to the earlier news that Nia Jax had been medically cleared to return to WWE in-ring action after being out since April 2019.
PWInsider is now reporting that Jax is scheduled to be at this coming Friday’s SmackDown taping, therefore meaning it’ll be the blue brand that she returns to.
It’s worth noting the report doesn’t state that Jax will necessarily be on the show, just that she’s scheduled to be backstage.
The former Raw Women’s Champion had surgery on torn ACLs following WrestleMania 35.
It has been reported that the plan for the SmackDown Women’s Title match at WrestleMania 36 is for Bayley to defend in a six-way against Sasha Banks, Naomi, Lacey Evans, Carmella, and a sixth unidentified name.
This is just speculation, but putting these two things together it looks like Jax could be the sixth woman in that match.
WWE has confirmed that Jeff Hardy will be making his return on Friday’s SmackDown, and that Paige will also be on TV to confront Bayley. Could the latter of those have something to do with Jax?
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing