On this week’s episode of WWE Raw, Nia Jax was beaten by Shayna Baszler, who chokes out Jax before “fracturing her elbow” on the steel steps.
Most assumed this was a storyline injury rather than an actual injury to Jax, and it would appear this is the case.
Speaking on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez confirmed Jax is not actually injured, and that this was simply a way of writing her off TV for a while.
It isn’t known exactly why she’s being taken off TV, but some believe WWE may be trying to repackage her as a sympathetic baby face after the injury. Good luck with that.
WWE announced yesterday that Jax would be out for an “undisclosed amount of time” which presumably translates to “we have no idea when she’ll be back, we haven’t planned that far ahead”.
We’ll continue to bring you any updates regarding Jax and her eventual return to the ring.
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’
- AEW Fan Fest Today In Las Vegas Ahead Of Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Felt It Was ‘Hugely Important’ For AEW To Re-Sign Jim Ross
- AEW Stars Karaoke For A Good Cause In Las Vegas