WWE CEO Nick Khan has commented on reported cost synergies with Endeavor acquiring WWE, and the possibility of backstage cuts.
It was confirmed earlier this month that Endeavor has purchased WWE and will merge it into one sports and entertainment company with the UFC.
Speaking on ‘LightShed Live’, Nick Khan discussed the recently reported cost synergies figure, noting:
“If you look at what Endeavor was able to take out cost-wise from UFC in 2016 or shortly after that deal was done, we have the same expectation here.
“We think 50 (million dollars a year) is a really, really conservative number.
“We have integration teams that are being formed now. We’re gonna get those in shape.
“I think we’ll have a better sense of it in a month or two, but we’re gonna be pretty aggressive with them to make sure that for our shareholders, for our company, our organization is as lean and mean as possible.
“And we’re gonna rely on that Endeavor flywheel to make up the rest.”
When asked about potential ‘headcount cuts’, Khan said:
“There’s other costs.
“What we want to always be protective of, our creative team, our production team, keep in mind none of us have anything to sell and the company would not have been transacted at this sort of price point if the product wasn’t great.
“So the most important thing is to leave the product untouched.
“Untouched, meaning if Triple H and Kevin Dunn, our longtime executive producer, want to evolve it, great.
“But in terms of cutbacks there, that’s not what we’re looking to do.
“So other efficiencies all around the company, we’re getting in the middle of, and let’s see how it shakes out.”
Khan also addressed speculation that Vince McMahon will be running WWE creative moving forward, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)
- WWE Star Addresses Wrestling Future & Potential Retirement Plans
- VIDEO: Watch Backstage Moments From WWE Night Of Champions 2023