While the dust is still settling on the announcement of Endeavor’s purchase of WWE, there have naturally been a lot of questions regarding perhaps the most eye-catching aspect of the deal, that being the planned merger between WWE and UFC.
UFC President Dana White has both hailed the merger while also distancing his company’s product from WWE’s by stating there will be no crossover between the two.
However, while the on-screen products may not be intertwining, will the merger perhaps also influence both companies to adopting a similar approach to talent contracts and pay?
UFC’s issue with fighter pay has been addressed recently by YouTuber and pro-boxer Jake Paul who responded to the news of WWE and UFC’s upcoming merger with a tweet saying:
“UFC + WWE makes too much sense. Great path to increasing fighter pay.”
However, while the two companies will soon be under the same umbrella according to WWE CEO Nick Khan, the UFC’s payment practices will remain separate to that of WWE despite the merger, with Khan noting that it was not any of their business what Dana White does in that respect.
Speaking on Lightshed Live, Khan would then address the pay of WWE’s contracted talent:
“In terms of our performers, we think a lot of them are well compensated. Certainly, all talent wants to be paid more. Management wants to try and manage those costs. Each individual deal is unique in and of itself.
“We’re confident with our position in the marketplace in terms of our WWE superstars. Depending on what the rights fees increases on the media right, we expect a lot of that to drop to the bottom line.”
Thankfully, as of yet, there have not been any talent cuts, however, WWE do seem to be in the middle of an unofficial ‘hiring freeze’ according to Fightful Select (subscription required), with no main roster talent hires being made thus far in 2023.
Nick Khan also commented on potential WWE cuts, which you can read more about right here.
Transcript courtesy of Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn