Nigel McGuinness’ first post-WWE appearance has been announced.
In October 2022, WWE made an overhaul of the commentary teams for all their weekly television shows, which included Kevin Patrick heading up the Raw announce team and Wade Barrett replacing Pat McAfee over on SmackDown.
One of the more notable moves was Nigel McGuinness being released from the company in this process. McGuinness had worked on the NXT, NXT UK and NXT Level Up shows before being let go.
In January, the former Ring of Honor World Champion alluded to this year being set to be a good one ahead for him.
On Sunday, Progress Wrestling announced that Nigel McGuinness will appear at their upcoming Super Strong Style 16 on Saturday, May 27, Sunday, May 28 and Monday, May 29.
Nigel is considered a legend of the UK independent wrestling scene, so this is an exciting announcement for the promotion.
It remains to be seen what role McGuinness will play on the shows. We will have further updates and news in regards to his first post-WWE appearance when they become available.
🚨 SUPER STRONG STYLE 16
‼️ EXCLUSIVE NEWS
🎉 Nigel McGuiness will be appearing at #SSS16
What will this mean for Super Strong Style 16?
🎟️ Tickets will be on sale 8am tomorrow! #PROGRESSWrestling pic.twitter.com/5rjg7nGikq
— PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) February 26, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Major WWE Name Denies Having Issues With CM Punk