WWE announced several former WWE women’s stars for the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match last Friday (January 7), including WWE Hall of Famers Nikki & Brie Bella.
The Bella Twins recently spoke about the Royal Rumble announcement on their Bella podcast, where they said that they were surprised their participation was announced, but are happy as it now means their fans can go.
N: “I was shocked that they announced it because usually these are surprises, but I understand marketing wise.”
B: “Well business wise it makes sense because now they’ll get the whole Bella army there.”
N: “Selfishly, that’s why I was happy about it because no one would have ever expected you and I to be in the Royal Rumble, so it makes me very happy that now the Bella army knows so they can go.”
B: “It’s always fun to have surprises. My guess is there’s still going to be surprises. I have no idea. People ask if it’s a comeback. The greatest thing about WWE and big PPVs like the Royal Rumble is you can come back for one great night and have fun,”
Nikki continued on, revealing that she has been cleared to compete, and is able to wrestle more match following the Rumble.
“In the world of any professional sport, people always make comebacks, but what’s beautiful about WWE is that we can make comebacks as many times as we want as long as our bodies let us and doctors (let us). I’ve officially got cleared.”
You can see the full list of confirmed participants for the 2022 Royal Rumble matches here.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand
- Big Clue AEW Star Is Preparing To Join WWE?
- CM Punk Appears At WWE NXT Deadline
- Sneak Peek At CM Punk Spotted Inside New WWE Headquarters For First Time