Nikkita Lyons has taken to Instagram with an injury update after she was pulled from this past Tuesday’s episode of NXT 2.0.
Lyons was set to face Fallon Henley in a semi-final match in the women’s breakout tournament, but didn’t appear on the show and was replaced by Tiffany Stratton, who actually beat Henley and will now face Roxanne Perez in the tournament final.
In the Instagram Live video update, Lyons said that she suffered a partial MCL tear and sprain.
She added that the injury won’t require her to undergo surgery, which is of course good news, but beyond that, there was no timeframe for a return mentioned.
Lyons really has been one of the breakout stars of NXT 2.0 since the developmental brand’s relaunch, so hopefully this doesn’t derail her momentum too much.
Lyons is currently the only woman in NXT with an unbeaten record this year, sitting at 7-0. You can find full 2022 win/loss record stats for the NXT women’s division at this link.
View this post on Instagram
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts Live Results – June 29, 2022
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Evil Uno Addresses AEW Contract Expiry Speculation