Nixed plans for SmackDown Women’s Champion Liv Morgan on the September 16 edition of SmackDown have been revealed.
In the final broadcast of the show, Morgan challenged Rousey to an extreme rules match at the October 8 premium live event Extreme Rules.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Liv Morgan had been internally listed for another segment that took place on the show. The report revealed that Morgan was initially set to feature in the Damage CTRL segment, with Bayley, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY.
On the show, the trio’s promo was interrupted by Raquel Rodriguez, before Bayley defeated Rodriguez in singles action. After the bout, Kai and SKY attacked Rodriguez before Shotzi made the save.
Morgan has held the SmackDown Women’s Champion since July, when she cashed in her Money in the Bank contract on Rousey following the former UFC star’s title defence against Natalya.
Rousey challenged for Morgan’s title at SummerSlam, but was pinned while locking Morgan in the armbar. Morgan last defended her title at Clash At The Castle on September 3, against Shayna Baszler.
Stay up to date with WWE title changes for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle