Konnan has revealed that plans for Saraya (fka Paige) to make her Lucha Libre AAA debut were recently nixed.
Saraya made her AEW debut at Dynamite: Grand Slam on September 21, before it was announced that she had officially signed with the company.
On Keepin’ it 100, Konnan revealed that AAA wanted to use Saraya in a non-wrestling role for TripleMania XXX on October 15. Noting that Saraya was appearing for her family’s promotion World Association of Wrestling on this date, Konnan noted:
“As a matter of fact, we were gonna use her for TripleMania. We spoke to her management… but she had a date in England I believe with her parents’ promotion and she wasn’t down for wrestling. Doesn’t mean she couldn’t but she wasn’t down to wrestle.”
On the October 5 edition of Dynamite, Saraya was involved in a brawl, dropping Rebel with a superkick. Saraya hasn’t wrestled since December 2017, with the star announcing her in-ring retirement in 2018 due to a neck injury.
There has been some speculation about the former ‘Paige’s current status, with the star teasing a return to the ring.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Clarifies Royal Rumble 2023 Tease
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW