New Japan Pro Wrestling has confirmed several big matches for their biggest event of the year, Wrestle Kingdom. The events are set to take place at the Tokyo Dome on January 4 and 5 2021.
The matches that NJPW has just announced will all take place on night one of the show, with bouts for Hiroshi Tanahashi and British wrestling star Zack Sabre Jr being confirmed by the Japanese promotion.
Below is the card, so far, for both night one and night two of Wrestle Kingdom 15. More matches are expected to be announced by NJPW for both nights as we draw closer to the shows next month:
- Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi – IWGP Heavyweight and IWGP Intercontinental Championships
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
- Great-O-Khan vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Dangerous Tekkers (c) vs. Guerillas of Destiny – IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
- Tetsuya Naito (c) or Kota Ibushi vs. Jay White – IWGP Heavyweight and IWGP Intercontinental Championships
- EVIL vs. SANADA
- Shingo Tagaki (c) vs. Jeff Cobb – NEVER Openweight Championship
- Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi or El Phantasmo – IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
Fans seem somewhat unhappy with the match that NJPW has announced for Hiroshi Tanahashi at the show, with fans of NJPW feeling as if the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion deserves a better opponent for the show.