It’s official – the main event for the first night of New Japan‘s Australia tour in Adelaide on February 16 has been revealed.
The promotion announced the match via their Twitter account, confirming that global merchandise machines and Bullet Club representatives The Young Bucks will battle CHAOS duo Kazuchika Okada (the reigning IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) and Tomohiro Ishii.
The main event positioning marks something of a step up for the Bucks, who as competitors from the Junior Heavyweight tag division tend to be involved primarily in opening matches.
Unfortunately, the Fallout Down Under tour is not listed on New Japan World’s schedule, meaning the only way to see it will be attending the event in person. Boo-urns!
I guess us non-Aussies will have to just make do with this instead . . .
New Japan has loaded its Australian events, with Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, Minoru Suzuki, Jay White and several others confirmed for the tour. Several more matches are will be announced in the coming days. From the latest reports, all are four nights (Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth) are selling fast at the box office.
- Fallout Down Under
- Being The Elite
- Tomohiro Ishii
- new japan pro wrestling
- Bullet Club
- Young Bucks
- Kazuchika Okada
- New Japan
- Cody Rhodes
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Top WWE Star Believes Their Debut Was ‘More Shameful’ Than The Shockmaster
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle