New Japan Pro-Wrestling veteran Hiroshi Tanahashi has renewed his contract with the promotion for an undisclosed period.
Tanahashi debuted in the promotion in 1999, and since then has become an eight-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion, and a two-time IWGP Intercontinental Champion.
He is also a record-breaking three-time IWGP United States Champion.
The popular star has revealed that he has extended his contract with the promotion via his blog. Tanahashi didn’t disclosed the specific terms of the arrangement.
Tanahashi joined forced with Keiji Muto and Shota Umino to defeat Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, & BUSHI at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4 in the Great Muta’s final NJPW bout.
He is set to have a match at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17: Night Two which will take place in Yokohama Arena this Saturday, January 21.
Tanahashi was notably one of the top NJPW names to compete at the NJPW x AEW Forbidden Door premium live event, with the Japanese star facing Jon Moxley for the interim AEW World Title.
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company