NJPW is reportedly interested in holding an AEW crossover event in Japan, following Forbidden Door.
Top names from both NJPW and AEW will be in action on June 26 at the United Center in Chicago.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, NJPW is interested in hosting a similar show in Japan. It is unclear when NJPW would want this follow-up show to take place.
NJPW notably expanded Wrestle Kingdom 16 in January to a three-night event, with the third night of action given a NJPW vs Pro Wrestling NOAH theme.
It has been pointed out that a similar situation happening but with AEW next year is less likely, as Wrestle Kingdom 17 has been announced for January 4 and 5, 2023, which are a Wednesday and Thursday. AEW wouldn’t be able to send many top stars to these shows, with Dynamite typically airing on Wednesdays.
Ricky Starks has thrown shade on Naito ahead of Forbidden Door, sharing a parody of Naito’s response to being asked about potential opponents for the event. Meanwhile Naito has commented on speculation about potentially teaming with Andrade El Idolo.
Check out the list of matches we want to see happen at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door right here.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed