A top NJPW star who has been out of action since October 2021 has provided an update on his health following a shoulder injury.
Having previously voiced issues with NJPW management, reports emerged that Kota Ibushi’s contract was due to expire at the end of January 2023.
NJPW had addressed the disagreement between both sides, and the situation seemed to have calmed down.
The former NJPW IWGP World Heavyweight Champion hasn’t wrestled since suffering a shoulder injury during the October 2021 G1 Climax tournament finals.
He has, however, recently provided an update on his recovery through the Dark Puroresu Flowsion Twitter account.
Kota Ibushi told me I could show you the clip he sent me of him sparring. Where he stated “My shoulder is 90% comeback.” pic.twitter.com/wQVDUbAaJY
— Dark Puroresu Flowsion (@PuroresuFlow) January 10, 2023
Ibushi has spoken to Dark Puroresu Flowsion previously about his plans for the future, highlighting his desire to run his own promotion.
He would also confirm that “there are really big offers from AEW and all over the world” waiting for him.
A move to AEW would potentially reunite him with his Golden Lovers tag partner, Kenny Omega.
Ibushi recently posted a photo of himself and Omega after NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back
- Backstage Frustrations With Ronda Rousey Vs Liv Morgan Match Revealed