Mercedes Moné is set to make her final appearance under her current deal at All Star Grand Queendom on April 23.
As previously reported, Moné will face Mayu Iwatani at All Star Grand Queendom with the IWGP Women’s Championship on the line.
With no further appearances after April 23 on the cards, Dave Meltzer has provided an update on her contract.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer stated:
“They are in negotiations for one more match.
“Her final match of her current contract is the match this coming Sunday at the Yokohama Arena against Mayu (Iwatani) for the IWGP Women’s Title, but they… I do not know if the deal is done, it was not done the last I was told, but she is in talks for one more date.
“I don’t know what that date would be, I don’t know if it would be Dominion, or what exactly. So that’s where her situation is right now.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Moné recently made her first in-ring appearance for STARDOM, attacking Iwatani after her six-woman tag-team match on April 15 with details of went happened during that appearance being found here.
Moné won the IWGP Women’s Championship from KAIRI (Kairi Sane) at Wrestle Kingdom in January, and has since retained it against AZM and Hazuki in a three-way at Sakura Genesis.
The CEO Mercedes Moné one-ups the Stardom Icon…again! pic.twitter.com/tkvzGIXIZk
— We Are Stardom (@we_are_stardom) April 15, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name