New Japan Pro Wrestling president Takami Ohbari has reacted to the recent double booking of a NJPW title holder by WWE.
While the reunion of The O.C. on Raw may have come to a shock as fans, perhaps more shockingly is that Karl Anderson is still a title holder for NJPW.
Anderson was set to defend his NEVER Openweight Championship against Hikuleo on November 5, however there is now an issue.
That issue being WWE booking Anderson in a six-man tag team match for the upcoming Crown Jewel event between the Judgment Day and the OC, also set for November 5.
With Anderson double booked for the date, which he and Gallows addressed in an ‘official statement’ to NJPW.
After his scheduled opponent NJPW star Hikuleo spoke out, now a word from NJPW President, Takami Ohbari.
Now, a retort from NJPW President Ohbari, who wrote on Twitter:
“We are doing all we can to ensure every signed match in Osaka on November 5 happens as promised. We expect all wrestlers, especially champions, to honor their advertised commitments.
Anderson and Gallows have reunited with AJ Styles on WWE Raw and are scheduled to take on the Judgment Day at the upcoming WWE premium live event, Crown Jewel on November 5.
You can read all about the match card for that event by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance