NJPW President Takami Obhari wants to bring the Forbidden Door 2 event to Japan.
Last night’s AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door event was a commercial success with ticket sales of over $1 million and projected 100,000 pay-per-view buys.
In the post-show media scrum, Tony Khan hinted at the potential of a second event taking place after the success of the first event.
Speaking with Tokyo Sports, NJPW President Takami Obhari discussed the possibility of bring the next show to Japan.
“In my opinion, there are some wrestlers who were unable to come (to the U.S.) at the last minute. There are still wrestlers and matches I would like to see. I would like to see a continuation of this event. I think there is a need to see this event in Japan. The 50th anniversary year is a good opportunity to make it happen. I think there are some (AEW wrestlers) who would like to compete in front of Japanese fans.”
There are currently restrictions on fans in Japan with no booing and cheering at the moment, so any event would probably be better suited waiting until the restrictions are lifted.
NJPW will hold their next slate of shows this coming weekend, starting on July 3 with the New Japan Road event.
For the full results of the Forbidden Door event, click here.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles