New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) has announced that former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi is off Summer Struggle.
This is due to side effects that Ibushi is suffering after a COVID-19 vaccination.
Ibushi was originally set to be teaming with Master Wato to take on Yota Tsuji and Yuya Uemura in a tag match.
That has now been changed to a singles match between Wato and Uemura.
Kota Ibushi is currently affected by side effects from a COVID-19 vaccination, and in his best health interests, will not be participating on tonight’s Summer Struggle in Sapporo night one card.
We apologise to fans who were looking forward to seeing Ibushi wrestle, and appreciate your understanding.
Ibushi’s condition will continue to be monitored, and decisions made as to his participation in upcoming matches.
We wish Ibushi a healthy recovery.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases