New Japan Pro Wrestling has officially revealed the blocks for the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. The tournament will be comprised of 20 wrestlers, split into two ten-man blocks.
The tournament is a round robin competition, each wrestler will wrestle every man in their respective block. Two points are awarded to the wrestler who wins a match, one point is awarded to both wrestlers if there is a draw, and no points are awarded to the loser. The wrestlers who have accumulated the most points from each block will compete against one another in the finals.
The announcement was delayed as El Phantasmo had not made his debut until Wrestling Dontaku Day Two on May 4th.
We broke down each participant’s likelihood of winning in an extended article, which can be found here.
The blocks for the Best of the Super Juniors tournament are as follows:
- TAKA Michinoku
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Marty Scurll
- Jonathan Gresham
- Shingo Takagi
- Dragon Lee
- Taiji Ishimori
- Tiger Mask IV
- Robbie Eagles
- Flip Gordon
- El Desperado
- El Phantasmo
- Will Ospreay
- Ryusuke Taguchi
- Rocky Romero
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Backstage Update On Ronda Rousey & Natalya WWE SmackDown Segment
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return
- Kazuchika Okada Reveals Hope For Japanese Crowds Following Forbidden Door