New Japan Pro Wrestling has officially revealed the blocks for the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. The tournament will be comprised of 20 wrestlers, split into two ten-man blocks.
The tournament is a round robin competition, each wrestler will wrestle every man in their respective block. Two points are awarded to the wrestler who wins a match, one point is awarded to both wrestlers if there is a draw, and no points are awarded to the loser. The wrestlers who have accumulated the most points from each block will compete against one another in the finals.
The announcement was delayed as El Phantasmo had not made his debut until Wrestling Dontaku Day Two on May 4th.
We broke down each participant’s likelihood of winning in an extended article, which can be found here.
The blocks for the Best of the Super Juniors tournament are as follows:
- TAKA Michinoku
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Marty Scurll
- Jonathan Gresham
- Shingo Takagi
- Dragon Lee
- Taiji Ishimori
- Tiger Mask IV
- Robbie Eagles
- Flip Gordon
- El Desperado
- El Phantasmo
- Will Ospreay
- Ryusuke Taguchi
- Rocky Romero
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed