It’s been well reported that Mercedes Varnado (WWE’s Sasha Banks) was heading to Japan in time for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.
From early December, reports stated that Varnado was expected to have a role at the headline New Japan event, though with little of detail of what that role may be.
Details of the deal between NJPW and Varnado provided further information stating that there was definitely a STARDOM date involved.
It was also recently confirmed that she was indeed in Japan and seeking collaborations with brands.
With news that NJPW was planning surprises for Wrestle Kingdom on January 4 2023, the CEO of Bushiroad was recently asked about the situation by the Japanese language Yahoo Sports.
In the interview, Bushiroad CEO Takaaki Kidani simply stated:
“There is a possibility that she will come to the Dome.”
Bushiroad is the parent company of both New Japan Pro-Wrestling and STARDOM.
This is the first ‘official’ tease that Varnado will be at the Tokyo Dome on January 4, following numerous reports pointing in that direction.
Varnado hasn’t made any comment on the rumors.
Check out the announced card for Wrestle Kingdom 17 right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed