After recent events, a new member of the NJPW roster has been added to Will Ospreay’s United Empire faction.
Will Ospreay, Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb have proven to be a formidable trio in recent months. The United Empire now has 4 active members, with Aaron Henare (fka Toa Henare) joining the group.
At Sakura Genesis, Cobb revealed Henare to be his mystery tag partner. “The Ultimate Weapon” joined Cobb and O-Khan to face Shingo Takagi, Tetsuya Naito, & SANADA of Los Ingobernables de Japon.
Henare proved his worth quickly, pinning SANADA after delivering a death valley driver. NJPW celebrated the new addition on Twitter, posting this image:
— 新日本プロレスリング株式会社 (@njpw1972) April 4, 2021
Translation: “The identity of the new member “X” of “UNITED EMPIRE” is … Aaron Henare! ★ Details of the match are breaking news on the New Japan Pro-Wrestling smartphone site!”
Henare has been signed to NJPW since 2016. The New Zealander has recently been teaming with IMPACT Tag Team Champions Juice Robinson and David Finlay during recent tours.
In other NJPW news, a new championship title was unveiled on NJPW Strong this week. You can read about the New Japan Cup USA prize here.
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- Another Reason Matt Riddle Had Heat With WWE Management Revealed
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle