AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling are set to hold their second Forbidden Door event on June 25 in Toronto, Canada.
The event pits the stars of NJPW and AEW against each other, and current NJPW star Lio Rush has named his ideal opponent for the show.
In an interview with MuscleManMalcolm, Rush named Dante Martin as his opponent in a ‘perfect world’, given the two’s prior history during Rush’s brief run in AEW.
“That’s a heavy question because there’s so many guys that are currently on the roster that I wanted to wrestle, but never have and was so close to wrestling. Yeah, that’s incredibly hard. I feel like me being a part of that event in itself would be pretty cool, so, who knows.
“Anybody, anybody really. There’s a ton of guys on that roster that I’d love to wrestle. In a perfect world, it would have been cool to wrestle Dante [Martin] but I know he just had that injury. Praying for him, huge prayers and respect to Dante, I saw that injury and it’s pretty nasty.”
Dante Martin suffered an injury during the Reach For The Sky Ladder match back at ROH Supercard of Honor.
transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run