Everyone who gets into wrestling has a different story of how their fandom started. This extends to Japanese wrestling as well and in particular New Japan Pro Wrestling star Hirooki Goto.
Goto recently spoke with njpw1972.com and explained how he got into wrestling through video games. In the interview, Goto explains how there were many promotions to watch but the first thing that hooked him was Fire Pro Wrestling. Here is the quote:
“Back then there wasn’t just All and New Japan, but I’d watch Michinoku Pro and a bunch of other promotions. The first stuff I watched was joshi wrestling, JWP. Actually, the first thing that got me into wrestling was videogames. It was all thanks to ‘Fire Pro.'”
Fire Pro Wrestling is an arcade-style wrestling game, which has had a niche market for years. It is currently available on Steam and PS4.
Goto is a former IWGP Intercontinental and NEVER Openweight Champion. He most recently won the NEVER title from KENTA at Wrestle Kingdom 14. However, he quickly lost the title to Shingo Takagi at The New Beginning in Sapporo.
New Japan Pro Wrestling has not run an event since February 26.
Are you a fan of Hirooki Goto? Let us know on Twitter!
- Cody Rhodes In Incredible Shape Amid Royal Rumble Rumours (Photo)
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star Making AEW Debut
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Shocking Update On Miro Being Absent From AEW TV
- AEW Rampage Spoilers December 9, 2022
- WWE Star Not Medically Cleared & Match Canceled As Precaution Ahead Of Very Important Show
- Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal Winner Crowned On AEW Dynamite
- FTR Vs. The Briscoes III Stipulation Match Made Official
- Saraya’s Next AEW Match Revealed
- Must-See Star Making Ricky Starks & MJF Promo On AEW Dynamite