A NJPW wrestler has confirmed that he was not one of the stars who tested positive for COVID-19, but is still under quarantine, taking tests.
Last week, it was revealed that 7 more NJPW wrestlers tested positive for COVID-19. This came after the big 2-night Wrestling Dontaku event.
Tama Tonga has now commented on the situation. Speaking on his Tama’s Island podcast, He confirmed that he was not one of the performers who had unfortunately tested positive for the disease.
Noting that he’s been quarantining since the May 3 and 4 events, Tama Tonga explained that NJPW has been sending him tests frequently.
Here is the full quote:
“Some of our guys got hit up (tested positive for COVID-19). Luckily, I am not one of those guys. Who are those guys? I don’t know, but I’m not one of them. It’s a little chaotic on the foreigner side as far as the uncertainty because we don’t know what’s going to happen next. That’s just something we’re all trying to figure out. Once we found out about the guys who tested positive, we’re just trying to figure out what to do.
“I was scheduled to go home after Grand Slam, but now, because of the situation, I have been prolonged and we changed the schedule. It’s just not knowing that’s causing people to go crazy. Props to New Japan. I’ve been quarantined since Wrestling Dontaku and they sent me a thermometer and tests. So far, so good.”
NJPW has had to alter many plans due to the pandemic. Because Tokyo entered a new state of emergency, NJPW were forced to cancel a number of shows scheduled for this month. More recently, the promotion announced the postponement of Wrestle Grand Slam.
In other NJPW news, Kota Ibushi has discussed the unification of the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships. According to the former champion, most of the locker room were against the merging of the two titles.
Quote via Fightful.
- Cody Rhodes In Incredible Shape Amid Royal Rumble Rumours (Photo)
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star Making AEW Debut
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Shocking Update On Miro Being Absent From AEW TV
- AEW Rampage Spoilers December 9, 2022
- WWE Star Not Medically Cleared & Match Canceled As Precaution Ahead Of Very Important Show
- Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal Winner Crowned On AEW Dynamite
- FTR Vs. The Briscoes III Stipulation Match Made Official
- Saraya’s Next AEW Match Revealed
- Must-See Star Making Ricky Starks & MJF Promo On AEW Dynamite