A NJPW star has teased a potential Young Bucks return to the company.
New Japan Pro Wrestling is currently hosting the 2022 edition of their World Tag League and Super Jr. Tag League.
Unlike this year’s World Tag League, the super junior tournament features the current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions TJP and Francesco Akira known as Catch 2/2 of The United Empire.
Catch 2/2 currently stand atop of the standings of the Super Jr. Tag League with four other teams.
On November 24, NJPW hosted a virtual meet-and-greet with Akira and TJP as the focus. The duo were asked to name some tag teams they would like to face. Akira answered:
I mean, Kenny [Omega] is coming to take a lot of beat from [Will] Ospreay so why not bring The Young Bucks also to take a loss from us?
The Young Bucks last appeared for NJPW back in 2019 at Wrestle Kingdom 13 when they faced Guerrillas of Destiny and Los Ingobernables de Japon’s EVIL & Sanada.
Matt and Nick Jackson are currently involved in a best of seven series with Kenny Omega against Death Triangle’s PAC, Penta El Zero Miedo and Rey Fenix over the AEW World Trios Championships. The Elite will face Death Triangle in Match 3 of the series on the November 30 edition of AEW Dynamite.
Kenny Omega is also scheduled to face Will Ospreay for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4, 2023.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Transcription via POST Wrestling
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Intense Dispute As WWE Star Calls Another’s Gimmick ‘Stale’ After Being Accused Of Copying Catchphrase
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- NXT Star Confronts Shawn Michaels After Vengeance Day
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”