New Japan Pro Wrestling star Tomoaki Honma is set to return to the ring on June 23rd in his hometown of Yamagata, Japan.
Honma announced his return at the Best of the Super Juniors block finals where he issued an open challenge for any tag team to come forward and face himself and his long-time tag team partner Togi Makabe in his return match. The match will be Honma’s first since suffering his debilitating spinal injury in March 2017 in a six-man tag team match where he teamed with Makabe and Michael Elgin to face Jado, Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii.
However, 15 months later and Honma has made a miraculous recovery — and he’s ready to perform for the NJPW crowds once more.
Honma wants to team with Makabe on his return and throws out an open challenge. https://t.co/M2dK1zoZL8
— chris charlton (@reasonjp) June 3, 2018
Honma spent three and a half months in the hospital following the injury where he underwent surgery and continued to recover. While many thought the injury would be career-ending, Honma was back in the ring training for a return last fall.
Are you excited to see Tomoaki Honma back in the ring? Who would you like to see him face in the future? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter!
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Backstage Update On Ronda Rousey & Natalya WWE SmackDown Segment
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return
- Kazuchika Okada Reveals Hope For Japanese Crowds Following Forbidden Door