New Japan Pro Wrestling star Tomoaki Honma is set to return to the ring on June 23rd in his hometown of Yamagata, Japan.
Honma announced his return at the Best of the Super Juniors block finals where he issued an open challenge for any tag team to come forward and face himself and his long-time tag team partner Togi Makabe in his return match. The match will be Honma’s first since suffering his debilitating spinal injury in March 2017 in a six-man tag team match where he teamed with Makabe and Michael Elgin to face Jado, Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii.
However, 15 months later and Honma has made a miraculous recovery — and he’s ready to perform for the NJPW crowds once more.
Honma wants to team with Makabe on his return and throws out an open challenge. https://t.co/M2dK1zoZL8
— chris charlton (@reasonjp) June 3, 2018
Honma spent three and a half months in the hospital following the injury where he underwent surgery and continued to recover. While many thought the injury would be career-ending, Honma was back in the ring training for a return last fall.
Are you excited to see Tomoaki Honma back in the ring? Who would you like to see him face in the future? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?