Roppongi 3K had been IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions since Wrestle Kingdom 14. Unfortunately for the duo, they have been forced to relinquish their titles.
YOH has not wrestled since June 23. He was injured during his match with BUSHI. The two were competing in the first round of the New Japan Cup and YOH’s rival ended up being just too much for him. SHO would go on to compete regularly, but obviously he could not defend the tag titles solo. Yesterday, the team officially gave up the belts.
Now, a tournament has been announced to crown new champions. Four teams will compete to become the new champs. The teams are Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI, El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Master Wato and Ryusuke Taguchi, and Taiji Ishimori and Gedo. The four teams will compete in a round-robin tournament, starting on September 5.
The tournament will operate like other New Japan tournaments, with winning teams earning points. The two teams with the most points will wrestle in the finals on September 11 in Korakuen Hall.
Of these four teams, El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru are the only ones to have been champions together.
Are you a fan of Roppongi 3K? Let us know on Twitter!
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses