On Friday’s episode of NJPW Strong, Jon Moxley ahead his return to the Japanese promotion to confront fellow former WWE star KENTA ahead of their IWGP United States Championship match,
Following his return this week, NJPW announced that the match, which they called the “most anticipated” in pro-wrestling, will take place at next month’s big New Beginnings USA 2021 show.
Interestingly, Dave Meltzer revealed on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio show that the segment was actually filmed last year, with the latest date that the angle could have been filmed being December 20:
“The one thing is that had to have taped in December because Phantasmo is in Japan right now, he hasn’t left to quarantine. The latest he could have left was December 20th, so he hasn’t left. So, this has been in the can for a while, which is kind of a surprise. “
For those wondering how NJPW was able to pull off the angle without having to have Jon Moxley miss any AEW shows, NJPW Strong is taped at the LA Dojo, meaning Moxley didn’t actually have to return to Japan.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases