New Japan Pro Wrestling has teased a two title match series.
At NJPW Dominion, Bishamon defeated House of Torture and United Empire to win the vacant IWGP and NJPW STRONG Tag Team Championships. Following the win, Alex Coughlin and Gabriel Kidd revealed themselves as the Bullet Club War Dogs and attacked the new champions.
On the June 10 New Japan Road show, Coughlin and Kidd once again attacked Hirooki Goto and YOSHI HASHI before laying out a challenge for both of their titles.
The Bullet Club War Dogs issued a challenge for two separate tag team title matches for each of their belts at the upcoming NJPW STRONG: Independence Day events on July 4 and 5.
This will mark Bishamon’s first defenses of either titles since winning their pair of belts.
Also announced for the Independence Day events, Jon Moxley will team with Homicide to face El Desperado and a mystery partner.
Meanwhile, Eddie Kingston will challenge KENTA for the NJPW STRONG Openweight Championship and Catch 2/2 will defend the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championships against Bullet Club’s Clark Connors and Dan Moloney.
At the New Japan Road event, the company also announced the blocks for the upcoming G1 Climax 33 tournament, which you can read here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy