NJPW has announced a major inter-promotional event, revealing that the January 8 night of Wrestle Kingdom 16 will be co-produced by Pro Wrestling NOAH.
In the November 19 press conference, NJPW President Takami Ohbari and NOAH’s parent company (CyberFight) director Akihiro Takeda explained that the third night of the January event is “not a regular NJPW event.”
A portion of the proceeds from the inter-promotional show will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross.
Teasing dream alliances and one-off battles, Ohbari noted:
“NJPW and NOAH wrestlers have their own histories and backgrounds. It’s up to them whether they want to face off, or even join together.”
Quote via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed