With the news that Will Ospreay’s New Japan Pro-Wrestling contract is set to expire in February 2024, Ospreay has addressed future plans.
It was previously reported that Ospreay’s contract was due to expire, with the NJPW star seemingly opening up the doors for a bidding war.
Now, Ospreay has addressed his future speaking to Dark Puroresu Flowsion, revealing a pragmatic side to his thought process.
Ospreay is quoted as saying:
“I just wanna know what my options are doesn’t mean I’m leaving NJPW. I’m fairly positive me & NJPW will work out a deal but in case we dont I want to provide for my family, wrestle how I wanna wrestle & most importantly be happy.”
Recently, Will Ospreay spoke emotionally about his future in wrestling, saying that he “know if this ride is going to be a long one.”
Ospreay was recently crowned as the 1PW World Champion and will face Matt Cardona when the company returns to The Engine Shed in Lincoln, England on June 10 2023.
He has also recently discussed his hopes for AEW All In when it debuts in London and teased the possibility of an appearance at the Wembley Stadium show.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- WWE Raw Star Appears On NXT June 6
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik