A top NJPW who has been sidelined since an injury March 13 has provided an update on their recovery and return plans.
Will Ospreay suffered a shoulder injury during his New Japan Cup Match against Mark Davis on March 13 2023.
The injury would see Ospreay unable to compete against ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey at the IMPACT Wrestling and NJPW co-produced Multiverse United: Only The Strong Survive on March 30, a match that Bailey had described as potentially the “greatest professional wrestling match of all time.”
Ospreay has now provided an update on his recovery and return plans via his Twitter account, saying:
“Just an update for you all.
“I have more range of motion in my shoulder but still struggling with strength.
“I think I’ll be ok but I’m just going through my physio with this as I don’t wanna come back too early and this thing rip off.
“Much love, miss you all.”
Among the replies would be Mike Bailey, who noted:
“You owe me a match.”
Ospreay recently teases the possibility of an appearance at the upcoming AEW All In: London show on August 27 taking place at Wembley Stadium.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite