NJPW commentator Kevin Kelly spoke on Wrestling Observer Radio today and provided an update on the status of Wrestle Kingdom 15.
This comes after concerns in Japan that there could be a state of emergency which led many to believe the event could have ended up being affected.
“No more news today. It’s not going to affect the event itself. Wrestle Kingdom will happen, regardless of whether or not there is a state of emergency. The only question is would fans be allowed to attend. There was already going to be a limited number. We haven’t heard today – well I haven’t heard – what is the latest with that. But best case scenario it happens with the limited number of fans, worst case scenario it still happens but no fans are allowed to attend.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link back to this page
Dave Meltzer noted that the Japanese authorities are expected to make an announcement on Monday.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39