A new report has provided an update on the WWE contract status of Adam Cole, ahead of his current deal expiring later this month.
It was previously reported that Adam Cole had agreed to a contract extension long enough for him to compete at NXT TakeOver 36 on August 22. Backstage during SmackDown, Cole reportedly met with Vince McMahon to discuss a long-term deal.
Ringside News, which has had many recent reports confirmed by Fightful and the Wrestling Observer, has revealed that a source within WWE informed them that “there’s just money being thrown his way for a role most people won’t believe”.
The report also noted that the source claimed that if fans knew what the instructions were for Cole’s role, “no-one would be all that excited about it”. There reportedly isn’t a “huge push” to keep Cole in WWE, but some attempts are still being made.
When Ringside News asked about rumors that Cole had been offered $1 million to stay, the source noted that this type of offer would be unlikely.
Many fans have speculated that Cole will join his partner, Britt Baker, in AEW once his WWE contract expires. AEW President Tony Khan has recently denied rumors that he made an offer to the former NXT Champion.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them