The pandemic has hit the National Wrestling Alliance especially hard. Since the end of January 2020, the NWA has run one show, the first episode of Shockwave, which was aired on December 1, 2020.
The company recently pulled all of their content from YouTube. While some thought this was a bad sign for them, reports came out that they would be returning to a taping schedule in March.
Now, they have announced that they will be returning to pay per view on March 21, 2021. Their next event will be called Back for the Attack, as revealed today on Twitter.
— NWA (@nwa) March 2, 2021
No matches have been announced for the show as of this writing. However, one would assume that Nick Aldis will defend the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship on the show. Although that is merely speculation.
Many of the stars who had been with the NWA at the start of the pandemic have moved on to other promotions. Ricky Starks and Eddie Kingston have arrived in AEW while Eli Drake (AKA LA Knight) has signed with WWE.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish