Billy Corgan shut down NWA Powerrr, The NWA’s weekly YouTube Series, during the COVID-19 pandemic. This time off has been particularly rough for the National Wrestling Alliance.
They had to part ways with David Lagana. This was a result of allegations connected to the #SpeakinOut movement.
Today, on social media, Billy Corgan made a statement that we could see the return of NWA Powerrr soon. Along with saying “We’ll be back!”, Corgan made the following statement:
“One year ago, we shot out first episode of NWA POWERRR; suffice to say it’s been a crazy ride ever since. From trending #1 world wide on our debut to successful PPV’s to having to stop many plans (including the Crockett Cup) due to the plague, to Rosa appearing with the NWA Women’s Championship on AEW to now adding our voice to the collective that is Prime Time Live on the UWN, I can only say to our great fans ‘hang in there.’ We are currently talking about bringing back POWERRR very soon, even if it means we can’t have fans in the stands because we just want to get back to work. But it’s nice to see our friend and former champion Tim Storm here. If anyone can lead us out of this, it’s a man or woman like him: who gives it all he or she’s got even when the chips are down. That sounds more grim than I mean it, case yeah: still here, still kicking, and ready to get ready to rock…”
While Powerrr is on hiatus, The NWA can be seen on weekly as part of UWN PrimeTime Live on Fite.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?