NXT have announced Pete Dunne and Ricochet vs. the Undisputed Era for next week. This comes hours after the WWE United Kingdom Champion successfully defended the strap against Zack Gibson in the wake of NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV.
Following Ricochet’s victory over Adam Cole, capturing the NXT North American Championship, the ‘One and Only’ was confronted by Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong backstage. Seconds later, the British marvel came to his aid, stating that the pair weren’t friends, and Ricochet had a championship that he wanted.
Whilst it’s unknown if or indeed when the pair will clash, next week will be a massive indication of where the storyline is going. Pete Dunne will defend the WWE United Kingdom Championship this weekend at the second set of NXT UK tapings during the Insomnia Gaming Festival in Birmingham, England. His opponent has yet to be announced.
WrestleTalk would like to know your thoughts on the Pete Dunne vs. Ricochet angle, if you’d like to see them clash at the next TakeOver, and whether next week’s main event will steal the show. You can contact us on Twitter and Discord today.
- WWE United Kingdom Champion
- Insomnia Gaming Festival
- nxt live
- pete dunne
- NXT TakeOver Brooklyn IV
- adam cole
- Bobby Fish
- kyle o'reilly
- Roderick Strong
- The Undisputed Era
- Zack Gibson
- NXT UK
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match